never put ketchup on anything except a hot dog… please…
Fried chicken tho?
French fries tho?
Veggie / chicken / pepper breakfast eggs tho?
Corn dogs tho?
Meat loaf tho?
im in a country that has children beheading people like a sport.
I’m sorry if all the inbreeding that’s been happening in your family for the past few generations has fucked you up to a point where you can’t read a book or go outside but he isn’t Arab and you’re so dumb I’m feeling physically ill
Trying to put my life together like
Charda Gregory abducted, humiliated, violated, restrained, scalped and tortured.
If this were reversed, with black police officers who were sworn to uphold peace and justice but instead were documented victimizing a white woman (who was already a victim), this news would have trumped the Olympics!
Truncated version: drugged at a party, abducted to a motel, wakes up during unwanted sexual violation in a motel room full of strangers, fights like hell to escape, motel employee calls the authorities, she gets arrested for destroying motel property and it just gets worst from there.
Every officer who participated in it and even those who witnessed it and did nothing should be punished but instead they just fired the woman?
No rape kit, no police report on the people inside the motel room, no investigation of her claims, no accountability for missing motel entry records, no video from the motel but she gets detained for fourteen days?
(Btw, when did your tax dollars begin purchasing Abu Ghraib type water boarding chairs?)
I get angrier and angrier everyday when I see things like this.
Disney’s tribute to Robin Williams at the end of Aladdin.
That’s… actually really beautiful. Well done, Disney.
I actually watched Aladdin on Disney Channel a few days ago and not only did they show this image at the end of the film but they showed the entire movie completely commercial free. That’s how much they appreciated him.
Well done Disney, well done.
Now that’s some grade A respect from Disney right there.
I hate when you in the club and they turn the lights kinda on…..like c’mon son I’m a ugly nigga we only prosper in the darkness
"It worries me how racist the Disney fandom is. Seriously, someone brings up the fact that Frozen has no POC and the racist people come out of the woodworks. It’s also upsetting that a lot of people don’t want more POC in the line up"
Because GOD FORBID a fairytale set in Scandinavia has white people. Le shock. Le horror.
And if you want more POC in the lineup, TALK WITH YOUR DAMN MONEY.
Buy Tiana merchandise. Buy Facilier merchandise. Buy Lilo and Nani merchandise. Buy Pocahontas and Mulan merchandise. Buy Jasmine merchandise. Buy Aladdin merchandise. Buy Esmeralda merchandise. Buy Kuzco merchandise. Buy Kenai and Sitka and Denahi merchandise. Buy Mowgli merchandise. Buy Russell merchandise.
Because that’s what Disney and big corporations like it listen to.
Oh, and it’s cute how the character used here is Esmeralda, my personal favourite ever Disney character, who was kicked out of the lineup because she wasn’t popular enough, has ZERO merchandise, and has practically been forgotten except among the nerdiest of Disney nerds. Even the people working at the freaking Disney Store and at Disney theme parks don’t remember the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
But no, don’t think about that, bitch about how a film set in one of the whitest areas of Earth has no POC instead of showing support for the POC that have actually been a part of the Disney lineup and proving that you actually care about the issue.
But that’s what always happens - cry and whine and bitch and then when a character that meets your criteria comes along lose all interest after two seconds so you can cry and whine and bitch some more next time you find an excuse.
No, it doesn’t matter that Elsa is the first disabled/ mentally ill Disney princess, or that at the end she doesn’t magically get better, or that the movie says “hey kids, sometimes there are people that are broken in the brainpan, and they can be outcasts and unhappy and scared and odd, but that’s OK, they are still people, even good people, and it’s OK to love them and to BE them”. It doesn’t matter that Rapunzel realistically portrays emotional/ psychological abuse of a child by its caregiver.
All that matters is their skin colour.
- The Snow Queen, the story that Frozen is loosely based off of had characters of color in it. For the makers of Frozen to omit them is racism by exclusion. Also, Arendelle is not an actual place. And even though Scandinavia is majorly white, it doesn’t mean that people of color never existed there. The movie actually whitewashes the Saami (referenced by the ice harvesters and Kristoff), who, at the time when the film takes place, where still majorly people of color.
- It’s easy to say “talk with your money” when there’s no merchandise to be found. In a lot of places, you’re hard pressed to find much merchandise for Tiana or Jasmine, let alone Pocahontas and Mulan or any other characters of color for that matter. You act like this stuff is just sitting on the shelves just waiting to be bought and people are just going along and ignoring it. No. We don’t buy it because it’s not available to us. Do you know that in many stores, dolls of the princesses of color sell out first because there’s so little stock of them compared to the white princesses. I’m going to assume you didn’t since you’re spouting this nonsense.
- People have been showing support for Disney characters of color: there are plenty of blogs that highlight Disney’s different characters of color, like disneyofcolor, disneydiversity, and disneyforprincess for instance. There is appreciation for these characters; they’re just overshadowed by their white counterparts who are given much more exposure and adoration by the fandom and the company.
- Rapunzel and Elsa have been good characters for what they have gone through and what they portray (somewhat accurately), but yes, their skin color does matter. Their skin color affords them an automatic level of sympathy iin their stories in relation to the women of color in Disney’s franchise. Their whiteness gives them an automatic leg up because white characters in general are aloud to be seen as automatically multifaceted and sympathetic. This is not the same for characters of color. It is a proven fact that skin color determines how much sympathy, support and humanity that people are given.
- Speaking of mental illness and abuse: here’s a neat fact. Did you know that black people are thought to have less mental illness/problems compared to white people because of a myth that they feel less pain and stress (this actually dates all the way back to slavery)? This is why there will probably never be a black princess that will have some sort of mental illness/abuse like Rapunzel or Elsa because it would seem “uncharacteristic” of a black woman.
- Whiteness is seen as the default as well as the most human: imagine what that realization does to the minds of people of color as well as the people that surround them. So think before you speak about what people need to do when you actually know what you’re talking about.
Please share this post and become a MEMBER at http://lakotalaw.org/donate-new to effect permanent change for the Lakota children.
The Lakota People’s Law Project and the Lakota tribes of South Dakota have been working on achieving the permanent solution to the corruption of South Dakota’s Department of Social Services by rerouting federal money from the state and getting it directly to the tribes. For this to happen the Lakota tribes will have to overcome many hurdles and organize their own foster care and other family planning programs.
Although we have worked on this struggle for over 8 years, we are finally breaking through and creating the system that will prevent Lakota children from being kidnapped by the state of South Dakota and taken from their communities. 8 of the 9 Lakota tribes have applied for federal funding to assist them in planning for the installation of these programs and the Department of Justice, in conjunction with the ACLU, has just released an amicus brief supporting the Lakota children and condemning the practices of South Dakota. The full brief can be read here: https://turtletalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/122-1amicusbriefoftheunitedstates8-14-2014.pdf
Please help make this solution a reality by donating to help the Lakota children remain with their families!
I hate when I get so angry I start to cry
Fame you’ll be famous, as famous as can be, with everyone watching you win on TV, Except when they don’t because sometimes they won’t..
Dr. Seuss (via black—lamb)
Michael Jackson on the set of Remember The Time!